Sunday, March 6, 2022

I'm right.

 You have survived everything up to this point.


I am going to an AA meeting tomorrow.


To be willing to work for humility

as something to be desired for itself,

takes most of us a long, long time.


I am waking up early, earlier than I have for a very long time.


Progress, not perfection.

And I won't be alone.


Did he not go because he couldn't open up about anything, ever? Did he not go because he knew they'd see right through his charade? He wouldn't have been the supportive boyfriend as he portrayed, he would have been my downfall. He knew they would know. He wouldn't have been able to open up. He wouldn't have been able to admit fault or weakness. He would never portray himself as vulnerable; one character he just couldn't play.

If I'm being honest, I didn't want him to go after a while. I stopped asking. It was the safest place I had. When I thought of him being there, I got that funny feeling. Hey, what can you say? My insides knew before me.

When I broke up with him and told him to leave, he didn't even try to stop it. He had no explanations, no arguments; he said something I don't think he's ever said to me: "You're right."


"When we meet and fall into the gravitational pull of a narcissist,

we are entering a significant life lesson

that involves learning how to create boundaries,

self-respect, and resilience.

Through trial and error (and a lot of pain)

our connection with narcissists teaches us

the necessary lessons we need

to become mature empaths."

-Mateo Sol 

No comments:

Post a Comment