Friday, August 20, 2010

My Dad's Birthday... and Camron.

Yesterday was my Daddy's birthday. He turned 48! I'm sure he won't be pleased with me announcing his age. haha. But wow. How time flies. For my Daddy's birthday we went to Ma-maw and Pa-paw's house. Where we had a delicious dinner and then cheesecake. Mmmmmmm.

Camron came, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. My grandparents, although very nice, are also VERY Mormon. But it went so very well! They loved him. (Which leads me to wonder why no one ever told me how they were not fully supportive of Nick and I... it would have saved me from soooo much heartache and disappointment.) Anyway, Camron was a big hit with his "Yes mams" and "Yes Sirs", and he helped prepare things and clean. It was so... different. And SO MUCH better. My grandparents couldn't get over the fact that he was in the Army and was considering going into law enforcement. The big bang came when Pa-paw showed Camron his indian artifacts and Camron starting talking about it with him. My grandpa was so impressed. Camron, you rock my world. :)

The night went grandly! My dad was much warmer towards Camron. And everyone got along. It just felt... right... you know?

I hope you had a great birthday Daddy!
Camron, I am so happy I have someone as great as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment