Sunday, June 12, 2022

A Cautionary Tale

 I see red flags

I see them everywhere

Financial Instability

Non-Existent Flexibility

No tranquility

 

Teaching me about myself,

with their own unclaimed mess

Jumping into a relationship                                  is a red flag

I will to you                                                               a red flag

I have become my own                                               red flag


I've found my superpower

I shall learn through my every flaw

Pick apart my inside parts

Come out the other side on top

The whole world shall burn red

Then I’ll see you,

My favorite purplish hue

I'll quit this nicotine,

just like I quit Old Town.

I'll have no regrets

No man will ever have to tell me to smile

I won't be an obstacle to jump

A bag of bones to collect

Me and my new eyes

Seeing freedom in all of the city lights

Windows flash by

Glass that's never known the reflection

of my Narcissistic boy with an innocent child's toy

I drive as a whole in the front seat of my truck

Breathing it all in

My hand clutches my own heart

His parts are scraped hither

Just more gutter litter

Waiting for the next storm

To dearly depart

No comments:

Post a Comment