Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Tattoo.. and My Improvements...


I went and got some ink. My original plans were something else all together and I had my appointment set up in advance. But after this near death experience I came up with a whole new design. (The other design shall be completed at another time.)

The swirl represents "crazy life, or crazy things that may be thrown at you" the swirl then goes into a sort of tree "which represent life, notice the one leaf growing off of it" then there is the sparrow. Yes I know, everyone and their dog gets a sparrow. But I looked up the meaning and it goes as follows: "The sparrow is ever vigilant in her goals. She is a reminder that idle hands and idle minds should be avoided in order to live a full, healthy life. The sparrow speaks of higher thoughts and ideals. She beckons us to keep our burdens as light as we can in order to avoid a heavy heart."

Yup, so that tattoo pretty much sums up everything that entered my thoughts as death was at my door aka head.

My Improvements For Today And Yesterday:

1. I got out of sweat pants.
2. I went out to eat at a VERY crowded restaurant with my mother's friend and her husband. (thank you by the way, it meant a lot.)
3. Obviously, I went to a tattoo shop... in the city known as SLC. This did mean I had to take half a Clonazepam.
4. My biggest achievement and the one I will forever be most proud of: I went back to my salon. I sat in a chair in the lobby and just sort of got the feel of things. This led to me needing to take a whole Clonazepam.

More updates to come...

2 comments:

  1. you are just so great! i love hearing about your improvements, i can't believe that happened to you. seriously that is so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank You! It's definitely going to take time, and I may never fully heal when it comes to trust and fear. But I'm improving in such little ways. I would suggest everyone keep track of things that they do on any given day. Whether it be making your bed when you normally do not. Eating whole grain bread instead of white. Un-plunging a clogged toilet instead of calling for your mommy. ANYTHING. Life is a gift. Every little piece of it.

    ReplyDelete