Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life.

Not just life, but -living-.

Tonight, I realized I didn't want to die.
As I had a gun pointed at my head and chest and saw my life slow down right there in front of me I knew I wanted to live. Live. Live. Live. My life would not be taken away from me by a boy that will never grow up. A selfish, mean human, that didn't care if I had children, a husband, a boyfriend, or a mommy and daddy waiting for me to get home.

Nobody gets to take my life away from me.

“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”

I am going to be more.

4 comments:

  1. Really sorry this happened to you although you seem to have discovered the slimmest of silver linings. I'm glad you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brent. Life definitely is a gift, whether there is more to come after it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy? Gun point?

    WHAT HOW WHEN WHATTTTTTT
    I am glad you are okay, this is so crazy :(
    p.s are you working at a daycare now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was robbed at work, then ended up getting fired for speaking my mind. It's funny how the rights and wrongs of this world are so fetching messed up. It's been hard, but I'll pull through. The anxiety gets to me at times.

    My other job is working with 1-3 graders. I help those that need a little extra push in reading, and overall just listening to authority. It's rough, and has really burnt me out.

    ReplyDelete