Thursday, May 19, 2011

last night

I had a dream

And in this dream I was back in a small town in Colorado. It looked as if it was going to rain. My mom was driving me through this busy street and I was trying to find this little diner that he and I had gone to. I couldn't find it. And I couldn't find him. So I started crying. My mother said to me, "Brooke, everything's going to be okay. It really is. You can stop crying now." We were then put through this almost... hot wheels track... type of road. And I was scared we were going to fall off. It felt like a roller coaster, only nothing was holding us to the road. I started to panic even through my tears. My mom said, "It's going to be okay. I can get us through this. We are almost across."

Then I woke up.
I can't tell you EXACTLY what this little town looked like now.
Or what it was named.
But in my dream it was so clear.
The landscape.
The buildings.
The grocery store with healthy food.
The name.

Sometimes I hate my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment