Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Parents:

My parents, hmmmm, what is there to write...

My father was born on August 19, 1962. His parents went through quite a few divorces which led to an unstable homelife. After graduating he decided to join The Marines. He went out, leaving a fiance at home, returning to learn she had cheated. So he broke the engagement off. He then went on a mission for the LDS church; although not raised in a Mormon home. After returning from his mission he attended BYU. Where he met my mother. (surprise, surprise.)

My mother was born on September 23, 1965. She was raised in a VERY religious, Mormon home. She attended Ricks College (now BYU-I) where she met her love. After he left on his mission for the LDS church she soon decided to go on one as well. But while gone, he came back, finding another girl and then leaving my mother. Heartbroken, she then attended BYU. Where she met my father. (surprise, surprise.)

They got married after around 7 months of dating. (surprise, surprise) My dad didn't want to have children until school was finished but after 2 years of marriage my mom was VERY baby hungry. One day there was a storm and the lights went out... VIOLA! Here I am. When I was almost 5 years old they had my little brother, Keith. After that the doctors said my mother should not have any more kids due to almost dying. But my mom wouldn't listen. She knew she was meant to have one more child. Bam, Bam, Bam... here came my little sister, Kaitlyn. She once again almost died, as well as almost losing my sister. But in the end, all was well. And my parents were satisfied with life. But the universe had other plans, there came my other little brother, Donovan. This is a popular saying from my parents: "Dad wanted 2 kids, Mom wanted 3, and God wanted 4." I won't so much disagree here. Whomever/whatever was responsible for sending Donovan should get a big thank you... but I believe another day is about siblings. So I will save that for later.

All in all, my parents and this family haven't had the best things thrown at them. But we are still together... Moving to Utah definitely wasn't the best thing for our family. But maybe one day we won't be here anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment