Tuesday, May 3, 2022

I've Had an Abortion


    It's quite terrifying to be back in a state that will surely stomp on my rights as a Womxn. So let me make it clear right now: I have had an abortion. It is my right to decide if I am ready and willing to give birth to a baby and then raise that baby into a healthy, happy adult. 

If you don't want an abortion, then do not get an abortion.

I swore I'd never "be one of those women" but as I stared down at that pee stick and yelled "FUCK" repeatedly; I understood how exactly harmful that way of thinking can be. We cannot possibly know what it is like until we are there. This is where empathy comes into play.

Abortions are not fun. Abortions are not 'an easy way out'. Abortions affect us all differently, and denying access to abortions will impact the communities we live in. The wealthy have access to whatever they want regardless of which laws are passed. This is about the working class. This is about taking away our choice for our own body. We are seen as product on a production line, with our bodies being used for labor and re-populating the labor force. The wealthy want us unprepared. They want us beneath them, they want us struggling, and getting by paycheck-to-paycheck. I say no more.

MY BODY, MY CHOICE.
WE ARE WOMXN.


I matter. You matter. We matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment