Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ty

The summer before my senior year I was reading the newspaper like I so often did/do. I came across Ty's picture in the obituaries. It did not say how he had died; just that he had returned to his Heavenly Father. And right away, for some unknown reason, my heart ached. Ty, I didn't know you. But I was sad you had left this earth. When I later found out that you had taken your life I went home and cried. As someone who knows exactly how you must have been feeling, I want to say I am sorry. I feel as though I failed you. That maybe if I had said hi to you in the hall, or become your friend I could have shared my own feelings with you and maybe that would have been what you needed. Someone feeling the same way. Someone who also could have been "just another picture in the newspaper". But you were and are more than a picture to me. I've heard and read so many great things about you. Maybe we can be friends one day.


R.I.P. Ty Mckinzie

No comments:

Post a Comment